quinta-feira, 2 de maio de 2013

Emilia Clarke in Triassic Attack - 2010




Triassic Attack requires a significant suspension of disbelief, not only believing that three dinosaur skeletons could become reanimated after a botched native Indian ritual, or that a skeletal Pterosaur would still be able to fly, but believing that half the cast were actually American. Most seem to be British, with a young Emilia Clarke (her out of Game of Thrones) being the most famous, and they all struggle with the accent as they drift into several regional dialects throughout.

Given the ridiculous synopsis the film is predictably stupid (and not always intentionally) but it is occasionally entertaining. For example, the film contains some amusing moments like a T-Rex failing to eat a man when he falls through the gap in its skull. However, the movie's crowning glory is when the fossils combine,Voltron-like, to form a flying Pretosaurus-Rex (my name, not theirs). It’s only a shame these moments of unbridled daftness are so few and far between. Sadly, most of the time this is just standard Syfy channel trash with poor acting, iffy special effects and infrequent action.

I think I’ve probably been kinder on this film than it deserves but ever since I was a kid I’ve loved all things dinosaur related so this gets a bonus half a star by default.

Um comentário:

  1. Horrible movie, sort of ruined Daenerys for me a little, I couldn't get passed the fact that Emilia Clarke, a non-Indian looking person, could play the role of an Indian girl, while she has THE WORST American accent I've ever heard. Also her lines were really stupid. Maybe I'm being too harsh but I love her Game of Thrones, and she was a crap actor in this movie.

    ResponderExcluir